Advancing as a global leader, POSCO E&C has chosen to contribute globally as part of its four fold social contribution strategy, we are not only providing greater satisfaction and services to the construction sites we build around the world, but also reaching out to neglected neighbors in overseas locations we have entered. POSCO E&C is developing and organizing various programs for systematic social contribution activities abroad based on our concept of “one social contribution activity program for one site” in each of the overseas countries where our branch offices are located. POSCO E&C is also continuously helping to resolve various social issues of the world. This is because, at POSCO E&C, we believe that we will be a step closer to the future society we dream of by spreading the joy of sharing happiness throughout the world.
- G20 International Grants Publicity Team contributing to the global society
- Sending discarded but good clothing to neglected neighbors living near the overseas worksites
- A kindergarten for children in a slum area of Vietnam
- Publishing books for Cambodian youth
- A kintergarten in Cambodia
- Relief supplies for areas affected by an earthquake in Chile
- Emergency fundraising for victims of the earthquakes in Haiti and Japan
- Donating PCs for IT advancement in Myanmar
- Donating mobile clinic vehicles and medical supplies to the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Comprised of 42 college students from across the country, “Happy Builders” is a team that provides volunteer services both domestically and internationally. Organized with the goal to develop global leaders with warm hearts, Happy Builders practice the joy of sharing by reaching out to neighbors in need and sharing love with people beyond the borders of Korea. Selected students participate in service activities not only in Korea, such as a project to improve residential environments and another to construct a camp, but also various outreach projects in Indonesia and Vietnam. Practicing love with youthful enthusiasm, Happy Builders take the lead in creating a beautiful culture of sharing for college students who will become leaders in the future.